Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Kinsey - A Laugh Riot Through and Through

At least according to the people in the row in front of me.

After ingesting a lot of turkey, carbs and daytime TV, Keeper, Twiz-Keeperfriend Tracie and I headed to large Mill-owned shopping area to get out of the house for a bit. I felt like I need to see a movie that would make me think since the only use my brain had in the previous couple days was to mathematically figure out how much turkey and brisket could be laid on top of a pile of mashed potatoes without toppling over.

Amazingly we found a parking spot amongst the parking carnage relatively quickly and headed into the suburban wonderland of commerce and screaming children. Not to get ahead of myself, but Kinsey is a very interesting film about the life and work of Dr. Alpherd Kinsey. You may remember him from such things as the Kinsey scale (how gay or straight are you on a scale of 1-6. Go!) and some thick volumes of male and female sexuality.

Now granted when talking about sex, some things are funny but the people in front of me came ready to laugh. Every time a penis was mentioned, shown or joked about it, they howled like they were watching George Carlin perform in 1972, baked out of their gourd. Stay home and watch a Hard Bodies marathon people! And to boot I also had a spattering of "ohhhh" ers seated in front and behind us. You know the types. Every time something kind of sad or shocking is presented they feel the need to express them self with "ohhh," "mmmphh," and "hmmmm." So annoying!

Anyway. Go see Kinsey. It's a lot better than most of the crap out there. But if you can, avoid seeing it anywhere near a Wal-Mart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home