Monday, January 10, 2005

Starting Over Conversation in the lunch room at my temp job

Employee 1: What we watchin?

Employee 2: Starting Over

Employee 1: What they startin' over from?

Employee 3: They startin' over from being messed up.

Employee 1: Well at 12:30 we switchen over to Young and the Restless.

Employee 3: Is that the one that has Vampires on it?

Employee 1: There ain't no Vampires on it. It's good!

Employee 2: I was here first.

Employee 1: Give me some of your sandwhich and we'll keep it on this mess.

Employee 2: Are you serious?

Employee 1: No, I'm going to sit here and take a nap anyway. I don't care what we watch.

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Amy Spizler said...

it's true. my inner monologues consist. of a black woman in her mid fourties, another in her fifties and some dude just out of college.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Soap operas have vampires in them now? They're not even trying anymore. Why don't they just stick a few monkeys in the show along with some left-over Ferengi from Star Trek and call it a day?

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Jason said...

The first part of the conversation sounds like a set-up for an Abbot and Costello bit:

Employee 1: What we watchin?

Employee 2: Starting Over

Employee 1: I don't want you to start over. I want to tell me what we're watching.

Employee 2: Starting Over.

Employee 1: Stop starting over and start from the begining. What are we watching?

Employee 2: I told you, Starting Over.

Employee 1: If you start over one more time, you're going to be starting over a new life in Heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home